My Lungs Suck at Being Lungs

A week ago I woke up with this horrible pain in the center of my head.  I thought I might have a brain tumor or something.   

My parents were helpless to do anything about the pain so they rushed me into the car and I passed out on the way to the hospital.  I don’t have a brain tumor, it was just that my lungs had a bunch of fluid in them and they have had to be drained.  My head hurt because it wasn’t getting enough oxygen.  

They had me hooked up to this machine called the BiPAP which basically took control of my breathing away from me, ... I kept thinking that it sounded like a dragon breathing in time with me, like I had this pet dragon who was cuddled up next to me and cared enough about me to time his breaths to mine. 

So I spent six days in the hospital before they’d let me finally go home.  But Augustus was there in the waiting room every day until they finally let him see me. I didn’t want him to see me like that, totally not attractive.  But he looked at me, in that Augustus way and he told me he’d missed me.