Amsterdam, here I come!

I can’t believe we were able to pull off this trip to Amsterdam, thanks to the wish-granting genies.  It is an amazing cancer perk! Dad gave me a sentimental goodbye just before mom and I picked up Augustus from his house.  
We get onto the plane after a lot awkward airport checkpoints and security.  Augustus and I watch the movie 300 and talked during most of the flight.  

Then out of the blue, he tells me, " I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.  I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed an that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth will ever have, and I am in love with you."