My 33rd Half Birthday!

My mom’s is really super into celebration maximization. Like “It’s Arbor Day!  Let’s hug trees and eat cake!”  

Today she reminded me that it’s my thirty-third half birthday.  So I invited Kaitlyn to go to Castleton Square Mall with me after school.  Kaitlyn and I have been friends for a long time.  She acts like a sophisticated twenty-five year old British socialite stuck inside a sixteen year old body.  And when Kaitlyn shops it’s with an intensity and focus one usually associates with playing professional chess.  

Anyway I bought a pair of flip-flops and Kaitlyn got three pairs of closed toe shoes, because she hates the way her second toe is longer than rest. Then I told her I had to go and I found a quite place to settle down and read the sequel to The Price of Dawn. While I am reading a little girl came up and asked what my cannula and oxygen tank were.  I explained how it gives me extra oxygen and I let her try it.  I really liked that little girl.