A First

So after that craziness at Van Houten’s house, his assistant, Lidewij, comes running out and tells us that she’s quit and that she’d like to take us to tour Anne Frank’s house to make it up to us.  

The house of Anne Frank contains a lot of steep stairs, an extremely difficult task for my sucky lungs. But I knew I had to conquer the stairs for Anne Frank. Somehow it felt like an insult to her if I backed out of it. I made it to the top of the house where the Franks lived for all that time. 

 I wondered how Otto Frank, the only survivor from the family was able to carry on after the rest of his family was gone.  I mean he wasn't a father anymore. 

Then Augustus started talking about how we should team up to hunt down the evil-doers around the world and protect the weak and tales of our exploits would live on as long as the human voice.  But all I could think about was kissing him, and then suddenly we were kissing.  

When I opened my eyes, there was a crowd of people watching us.  I thought they were going to be angry, but the just started clapping and shouting “Bravo!” I felt my face turn so red. 

Then we went back to his hotel room where we were together and I told him I loved him.